parallax background

Registration for Nurse / Doctor

Our vast experience in Healthcare Industry
makes us understand our client needs better than others

GMC Registration (for Doctors)

NMC Registration (for Nurses)

GMC Registration and PLAB

How do physicians register with the GMC?

To register with the GMC (General Medical Council), you must sit the PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) test to show you have the skills and knowledge necessary to practise in the UK.

Some specialist doctors are automatically entered on to a specialist register, and therefore do not need to sit the PLAB. Emergency Medicine doctors can also sit the MCEM exam (to become a Member of the Emergency College of Medicine) or MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians). Although not essential, membership of these colleges will help your chances of landing a job.

The GMC sets the standards that international medical graduates need to meet in order to register as a doctor in the UK. However the International Doctors must have IELTS / OET valid scores.

You’ll need to register with the GMC if you want to:

Work as a doctor in the National Health Service (NHS) or in private practice


You’ll also need to hold the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board qualification. If you don’t hold PLAB you can also hold MCEM (Membership of the College of Emergency Medicine), MRCP (Membership of the Royal College of Physicians) , MRCS (Membership of the Royal college of Surgeons) or any of the other qualification which is approved by GMC.

Requirement for nurses:

NMC Registration shows who can practice as a Nurse or midwife in the UK.

Registering with the NMC is your first step to work in UK.

NMC Registration

English language requirements – all applicants must be able to show they can communicate clearly and effectively in English by undertaking the International English Language Test (IELTS) with a score of 7.0. NMC will verify the scores with the IELTS organisation.

Practice requirements – at the time of the application, the applicant must have practised as a registered nurse or midwife for at least 12 months (full time or the part-time equivalent) after qualifying. This post-registration experience must be relevant to the field of practice the applicant is applying for. The year of experience depends on the requirement with the facility.